cslom

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Been a while and as usual I have been getting eaten alive by life in general. Who knew that the simple act of doing what is expected of you could be so utterly complicated and bureaucratic? With every problem solved, a new one will always uncover itself. I hope life simplifies itself, but somehow I doubt that will happen. I'm outwardly lazy, so I pray for simplicity, but inside I need a challenge and I always seem to get one.

Plans seem to be falling more and more into place for Spring Break with every passing day. I am excited to say the least. I will be going to Grenada, seeing my brother and will be SCUBA certified while I am there. I have been snorkeling for years, and every year I tell myself I should learn to dive, but I never get around to it. I suppose I can just borrow some of my brothers gear while I am there. Strangely enough none of my family will be going with me. I haven't really traveled alone in quite some time, so this should be a welcome change of pace. I am preparing to get a little extracurricular reading done, as well as some sightseeing with my new camera.

I have also realized that my wardrobe has become somewhat outdated and worn out. I have embarked upon a campaign to freshen the ranks of my t-shirts, jeans and shorts. Some of my trusted uniforms will be forced to resign upon enlisting new recruits. It is sad I know, but many of them have served me, and served me well, for three years or more. I look forward to such new prospects as t-shirt with funny quip about New Mexico and regular Mexico, or t-shirt that remarks about my propensity to grow beards. Ah, hooray for the trend of amusing, thrift store inspired shirts. I will also be looking for a few items of clothing to recall my youth, but in a style that is timely and acceptable. I feel it may be the right time to make the move back to Converse all stars or comically over-sized shirts. I do vow not to attempt to resurrect hammer pants or their less evil cousin, surfer pants. I yearn for those cool shorts that were velcro though; remember them, they opened from the side, and the velcro fly kinda chafed you a little. Those were cool. All in all I think my revamped wardrobe should both make me fit in, and make me stand out as an exemplar of modern sensibility with a retro flare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home