cslom

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Owning a car sounds like a good idea. In truth, a car is a money pit that can never be filled or avoided. Foreign cars are especially expensive to maintain. My car for example costs way too much money to fix, and it just gets messed up within hours of getting serviced anyway. I must have bad luck with cars.
I recently paid to have my bumper, fan, air conditioner, heated seats, suspension and brakes fixed along with routine maintenance. This does not come cheap mind you, so I was already bitter at having paid for all this. But with my luck being what it is, no repair is ever simple. Less than 12 hours after returning my car to its rightful parking spot I was greeted by a quiet knock on my door. This was the kind of knock that you dread because it can't bring good news. Well it didn't bring good news. My friend's girlfriend hit my bumper right where it got fixed and returned the damage that was just removed. Money well spent. Ok, so the bumper got hit, nothing else could go wrong.
Well I always get my car serviced before driving the 5 freeway, it seems like a good idea. This time it wasn't. My car has a nice, convenient little pocket below the stereo, or used to anyway. I put my phone in there and my dashboard collapsed. That's right, my DASHBOARD COLLAPSED while I was driving, spewing my phone out and scratching it. Well I have never stopped at a rest stop on any freeway, but this seemed like a good time to start. It would appear that whoever replaced my fan for my A/C forgot a few screws. Well a collapsed dashboard carries a few consequences, like some blown fuses, a driver's seat that no longer moves, a rear defroster that only works half the time, and breaking your new A/C fan that you just put in. So basically I am no better off than before I took my car in, and now I am out a significant amount of cash.
Yup, I am one lucky guy when it comes to cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home