cslom

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ok, so after a few rigoruous days of reading, watching videos, taking little quizzes, practicing skills in a pool and practicing skills in the ocean... I am officially a certified diver. I know what you are thinking: wow how did you do that so fast? Well the answer is simple, I had nothing better to do and I was the only student.

Anyway, I don't want to down play to the whole experience too much because I have wanted to dive for a long time and I can finally do it. Over the last few days I have learned to breathe underwater, seen reefs 60 feet below the surface, explored a sunken ship and generally seen some gorgeous scenery underwater. The highlight would have to be the pair of sunken men's underwear that was growing coral and provided refuge for a few wary fish. I also saw sea turtles, sting rays and a whole list of other fish too long to even mention, but none of them compare to the rare and beautiful boxer-briefs.

If you are ever in Grenada look up Arran and Scubatech and get a lesson. Its totally worth it and she may be the coolest dive instructor ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home