cslom

Friday, November 19, 2004

All around us little things remind us of other people or things we need to do. Some people see these things and call them signs, some people call them coincidence and some people ignore them and call them flukes. I haven't made up my mind about what they are, but I enjoy them as they come my way and I cherish the random thoughts or people that pop into my head from time to time.

I have been having a fairly bad week, but tonight was a bit different. It started innocently enough, like any other night one of the guys goes out to get new and novel beer for our wall. I couldn't have expected the pleasant surprise that would arrive. One of the beers was named "Wanderlust," a name surprisingly similar to Wunderlost, a blog that a good friend of mine runs. My mood was elevated as my mind was transported to thoughts of her completing one of her life's aspirations. An island of content in an otherwise tormented week.

I know the similarity in the name is intentional (on her part anyway) but it was still a nice bit of serendipity. Never did I think that there would be a beer, a substance very dear to me, so similar in name to something else very dear to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home